Bio Basics Mag
Bio Basics MAG is a liquid plant food containing magnesium which is an essential component of chlorophyll, for activating plant enzyme systems, photosynthesis, and for the regulation of phosphorus uptake. Bio Basics MAG is 100% water soluble for improved nutrient availability and uptake by plant leaves and roots.
- Necessary for protein synthesis and enzyme activation
- Deficiency will affect size, structure and function of chloroplasts
- Chlorosis is the visible symptom for Magnesium deficiency (lower rate of photosynthesis)
- Root growth is affected by magnesium deficiency to a much greater extent than shoot growth
- Promotes proper K levels in plants
- Magnesium deficient plants have demonstrated a greater loss in dry root weight than K deficient plants (Bouma et al ’79)
- Normal maintenance: 2 to 4 oz. per 1000 sq. ft. (tissue test to verify)
- Corrective rate: 4 to 6 oz. per 1000 sq. ft.
- Use 2 gallons/1000 sq.ft. as a carrier. Allow to dry (30 to 45 minutes) and water in. Always use best manaement practices