Kelp-It is a concentrated extract made from the seaplant Ascophyllum nodosum, which is sustainably harvested from the coastal Maine waters. Agricultural crops around the world have benefited from using kelp extracts for decardes. Extensive research has determined that the seaweed's diverse micronutrients enhance crop growth, development, and yield. Kelp-It is formulated for commercial agriculture.
Benefits of Kelp-It:
- Increases seed germination and increases root development
- Increases bloom set and size of flowers and fruit
- Increases and stabilizes chlorophyll in plants, which results in darker green leaves and increased sugar content in plants
- Relieves stress in plants caused by extreme weather conditions
- Increased plant vigor, and thus a greater resistence to disease, insect attack, drought, and frost
- Increased microorganisms in the soil that can fix nitrogen from the air
- increased mineral uptake from the soil and into the plant
- Increases the storage life of fruits and vegetables by retarding the loss of protein, chlorophyll, and RNA
- Retards the again process in plants (senescence) thereby lengthening the production season
How to Use Kelp-It
- To maximize the benefits of Kelp-It, use it as part of a well balanced plant nutritional program
- Kelp-It is always mixed with water (preferably with an approximate pH of 6.0) to the appropriate dilution and applied to foliage or soil. The plant absorbs the extract immediately and is responding by the second day. (Foliar application is the most efficient and effective method. Kelp extracts are 8 to 20 times more effective when applied to the leaves than when broadcast on the soil. Spray as a fine mist until it drips off the plants' surfaces.)
- Always shake or mix Kelp-It well before diluting. Only make up what you can use at one time.
- Kelp-It can be used with a variety of sprayers -- plant misters, pump-up, backpack, hose-end, or tractor sprayers. The dilution rates provided here are based on areal measurements. Depending on the type of sprayer you have, simply dilute the Kelp-It with the appropriate amount of water for your sprayer to cover a specific area. Kelp-It also works well with irrigation systems.
When to Use Kelp-It
- Apply Kelp-It to improve specific growth stages. For example: To promote additional buds, apply Kelp-It when plants are beginning to bud. To extend the shelf life of fruits and vegetables, spray 10 days before harvesting. To lengthen the life of cut flowers, spray Kelp-It a day or two before cutting.
- In lieu of trying to catch or target specific growth stages, apply Kelp-It every 2 to 4 weeks.
- The Kelp-It solution should be sprayed in the morning or late afternoon when the leaves' stomata are open. Avoid applying between noon and mid-afternoon when the sun is most intense and the stoma are closed. Also avoid spraying Kelp-It before it rains or while it is raining.
How To Use Kelp-It with Liquid Fish
- Excellent results can be obtained when used with either liquid fish emulsion of hydrolysate. Mix 1 pint (16 ounces) with liquid fish (manufacturer's recommended amount) and enough water to cover one acre. Can be increased to 2 pints under stress conditions. Can be mixed directly into liquid fish. Agitate kelp/fish mixture well before further diluting and using.
How to Store Kelp-It
- Kelp-It has a shelf life of four years when kept from extreme temperatures. Avoid freezing and direct sunlight.